Monday, September 28, 2009

Abstract and Abstruse: The Incoherent Thoughts of a Sane Man put together in a Coherent Manner

Abstract: Part 2

The Diary of a Lonely Heart

Banana, always the banana, never the apple. What is wrong with chestnut hair? Thirsty, I’m dying of the thirst; to the left and right of me are tall lockers. Young again in school, the only break in the long hall of lockers is a water fountain. I walk towards the fountain, dry. No water flows for me; it’s empty, broken maybe, no, just not working for me. In the distance I see a man fixing a light bulb, he sweats profusely. The sweat drips from his armpit like the heavens pouring light upon us mere mortals. I kneel under the flow, the sweat flows into my mouth. It is not salty as one would expect but pure fresh, water, it quenches my thirst exquisitely. Refreshed, I smile and turn back and run towards the light. As I run smiling a naked child appears in my way. He just stands there and looks at me, malnourished, starving and most of all thirsty. The reek of death comes from him; the blackness of his skin doesn’t mean he deserves this as some would make you believe. I crouch and reach out to him but he turns to dust and blows away into the air.

I sit here alone in the gloom of a bedroom filled with memories of happy of times, none of which are mine. In the silence I can almost hear the laughter of the ghosts; the jokes shared, the orgasms pleasured and the constant smile of perfect ness, pure beauty. My dreams offer relief from the pain of loneliness, if there is any.

No comments:

Post a Comment